This is a brand new course added to the FYZICAL Education program.
This is the next step in your journey in balance and vestibular rehabilitation. The Senior Balance Retrainer Course is the intermediate balance course designed to help you evaluate and treat the most common vestibular disorders you will encounter in your balance center.
So you have a patient that comes in with dizziness associated with a vestibular injury. How do assess and treat. What is often misunderstood in the management of the patient with dizziness is the Sensory Mismatch. What is a Sensory Mismatch? How can you find the mismatch? Where do you start the patient for therapy? How do you progress them – these are all questions that will be answered.
What will you obtain from the Senior Balance Retrainer Course?
- Review the anatomy, physiology, and pathophysiology of the balance and vestibular system.
- Review the most common computerized vestibular testing you will see in a balance center program.
- Learn to use infrared video oculography (IVOG) technology to better assess your patients with vestibular disorders.
- Learn the bedside and functional testing you will need for the seven most common disorders of the vestibular system.
- Understand the most common Sensory Mismatches and Movement Dysfunction Patterns seen in your balance program, how to assess, and treat.
- Learn the New FYZICAL Balance Therapy Paradigm and how to implement it immediately with your patients.
- Have a strong understanding of the various causes of BPPV and the treatment of Posterior, Anterior and Horizontal canal disorders.
- Gain 12-18 Continuing Education Hours for Physical Therapists (PTs) and 12-14 Continuing Education Hours for Physical Therapist Assistants (PTAs).
NOTE: At the course, there is a hand-on competency examination on your skills for assessing and treating vestibular disorders. Once completed, this allows you to become eligible to take the Level II Senior Balance Retrainer Examination online (must pass at 85% for credit – unlimited tries!).