Course Format: Narrated PowerPoint presentation
Course Delivery: Online, self-paced, independent study
Course Audience: Physical Therapists, Occupational Therapists, Physical
Course cost: Free to FYZICAL Therapy and Balance Centers Therapists
Course Description: This online independent study course will provide an evidence based review and exploration of the functional anatomy of the pelvis, the abdominal wall, the pelvic floor, and pelvic organs. An in-depth analysis of the normal physiology of the lower urinary tract and colorectal physiology will provide the foundation for developing skills and knowledge in the rehabilitation practice of pelvic health and wellness.
This course is Prerequisite for all course levels of the FYZICAL Pelvic Health and Wellness Certification (FPHC), including Level 1 Pelvic Health: Bladder Control and Pelvic Floor Examination. Physical therapist and Physical Therapist Assistant participants must complete this free independent study course and pass the associated test in order to proceed to take the Level I course – Pelvic Health: Bladder Control and Pelvic Floor Examination.
- All participants will describe and identify normal anatomy and function of the pelvis, pelvic floor, abdominal wall, and pelvic organs.
- All participants will describe the normal physiology of micturition and defecation.
Course Outline and Modules and Approximate Time (min):
- Anatomy of the pelvis (30)
- Anatomy of the abdominal wall ( 30)
- Anatomy of the pelvic floor (45)
- Anatomy of the pelvic organs (30)
- Lower urinary tract physiology and micturition (30)
- Anal and colorectal physiology and defecation (45)
Total: 210 min (3.5 hours)
Test on Modules 1,2,3 : 15-30 minutes to take the online test
Test on Modules 4,5,6 : 15-30 minutes to take the online test