Fastest growing healthcare franchise adds Highly Reputable Orthopedic Care Leader Gavin Hamer as National Director of Education
Bonita Springs, FL – October 9th, 2017- Dr Hamer accepts the position of National Director of Education for FZYICAL
This man has extensive experience
Dr. Hamer completed his Doctorate of Physical Therapy in 2012 from Des Moines University-Osoteopathic Medical Center. Dr Hamer is also a fellow of the American Academy of Orthopedic Manual Physical Therapists (FAAOMPT)
Dr Hamer’s clinical experience comes from over 30 years as a clinician and educator in New Zealand, Canada and the United States. His business experience ranges from owning private practices in both New Zealand and Canada and also directing outpatient orthopedic clinics in the USA in addition to owning a continuing education company.
In order to provide more structure to continuing education he has developed two series of courses. The first being a five course series ‘Certified FYZICAL Orthopedic Therapist. (CFOT). The second being a specialized hip program called Hips for Life. This brings together evidence-based practice with skilled manual therapy and functional exercise in order to maximize the non-surgical function of the adolescent athlete to the elderly non or surgical hip pain patients. Dr Hamer’s is the National Director of Orthopedic Education brings to FYZICAL all his experience and skill to develop the manual therapy fellowship program and other education modules.
Gavin’s mission moving forward
His mission is to bring the most effective treatments and equipment to the FYZICAL family, helping FYZICAL centers across the country become known for the highest quality of patient care not only in balance, but also for orthopedic rehabilitation and pelvic health.
Now, thanks to Dr. Hamer, FYZICAL is a continuously evolving program dedicated to providing the highest quality patient care and step by step processes on how to manage your practice. FYZICAL is already becoming known to patients and referring doctors as the clear experts in balance and vestibular training, orthopedic and pelvic health in America. Now, Dr. Hamer is focused on continued development of the brand’s reputation as leaders in orthopedic care as well.
“Our organization focuses on creating positive change in the US. This is not possible without a dedicated team of experts in the field with a passion for improving patient outcomes. We want to change healthcare from one of “sick care” to “well care” by providing services focused on quality outcomes, total well-being, and prevention. Continual research is not possible without a team that truly cares about the well-being of patients.
Fall Prevention: Addressing a national crisis
Dr Hamer joins an elite team of doctors, physical therapists and business experts already recognized as an industry changing organization leading the charge in fall prevention. Our team is on a mission to save lives and help Americans stop falling.
- According to the CDC, each year 2.8 million people, aged 65 and older, are treated in an emergency room for fall related injuries.
- When adjusted for inflation, the direct medical costs for fall injuries are $31 billion annually1
- Hospital costs account for two-thirds of the total annual costs including over 800,000 hospitalizations and more than 27,000 deaths annually2
- Over 800,000 patients a year are hospitalized because of a fall injury, most often because of a broken hip or head injury3
Today, healthcare providers are being forced to evolve. Why? Economic, social and technological forces are emerging to create a “New Health Age.” How you think about healthcare, how you deliver healthcare, and the economics of healthcare are changing and FYZICAL is leading the charge to transform healthcare from one of “sick care” to “well care” by providing services focused on quality outcomes, total well-being, and prevention. FYZICAL is the future of healthcare! Visit www.FYZICAL.com to discover more.
1. Burns EB, Stevens JA, Lee RL. The direct costs of fatal and non-fatal falls among older adults—United States. J Safety Res 2016:58.
2. NCOA. National Council on Aging- https://www.ncoa.org/news/resources-for-reporters/get-the-facts/falls-prevention-facts/
3. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, National Center for Injury Prevention and Control. http://www.cdc.gov/homeandrecreationalsafety/falls/fallcost.html